How to Write AI Photoshoot Prompts: A Guide for Better Product Photos
AI Photoshoot is a tool that generates photoshoot-quality backgrounds for your product images. To get the most out of AI Photoshoot, you can provide it with text descriptions called prompts.
From this guide you'll learn how to craft effective prompts and generate beautiful product photos.
- AI Photoshoot can deliver good results even if you don't add any text prompts.
- Prompts help you shape the resulting photos to reflect your vision.
- Use the prompt to introduce new materials, textures, and stylizations, or to transform a flat background into any image.
- Don't describe or mention the product itself in the prompt. AI Photoshoot takes the image of the product that you upload — mentioning it can cause unwanted artifacts.
What is the role of prompts in AI Photoshoot
In AI Photoshoot, you can use our pre-defined compositions or opt for custom approach.
In composition-based approach you can not only select compositions from our library but also add guiding colors and text prompts. While Custom mode allows you to create totally freeform photos by just describing them in words.
Both of them let you customize the output using text prompts. We suggest opting for Compositions for geometric consistency, and Custom mode when your product image has unconventional camera angles or doesn't align with available compositions.
Note that in Composition-based mode you can generate beautiful product pictures even without text prompts. But if you want to introduce specific elements to the composition — backgrounds, materials, objects, stylizations etc. — prompts will allow you to do that.
How prompts bring compositions to life
Prompts are one of the key elements that shape the final look of product pictures in Composition-based mode — the other 3 are compositions, primary colors, and images of the product that you upload.
Here's how compositions, prompts, and colors work together:
- compositions create the photo's layout and structure, organizing elements and their positions.
- Prompts can transform materials and textures, or turn flat backgrounds into any images.
- Primary colors define the color theme and mood, shaping the overall look and feel of the image. Note that choosing a color is optional. Leave it blank and our AI will generate a composition with a natural and balanced color palette.
Tip: Input image quality matters. Optimal results come from the front and flat shots, good lighting, and a full product with clear edges in the frame.
Steps in the Composition-based mode before writing a prompt
Select a composition
Before you start formulating prompts, select one of the compositions from our library. It creates a basic image structure that you can creatively adjust.
Position the product
Resize and position the product on a photo. Play with the size to produce the best contact between the product and the supporting surface.
Now you can start turning the composition into a product photo that you envision.
Leverage simple prompts
You can get great results by writing short, minimal prompts. It can be just a few words, describing mood, aesthetics, or the type of environment.
Let's type in a simple prompt (eg. "lavender fields") in the prompt box and pick a matching tone.
Now, let's generate an image and see what we'll get with these minimal settings.
In a few seconds the app will generate 4 image variants.
Tip: Save pictures that you like to your device since AI Photoshoot doesn't store them. And after you leave the page, they will be removed.
Since we didn't specify a lot of details, the app automatically generated most of the elements.
Tip: Leave a color option blank if don't want any particular tone to dominate the composition.
Here are some examples of basic prompts to help you get started:
- starry desert night
- tranquil Zen garden
- vibrant tropical paradise
- misty waterfall oasis
- dreamy twilight meadow
- serene lakeside retreat
- enchanted forest glade
Usually, AI Photoshoot does a good job rendering beautiful photos based on your product image, composition and a simple prompt.
But if you want to add specific things to your images, you can craft longer, more advanced prompts.
Write advanced prompts in the composition mode: minimalist and structured compositions
In composition mode, templates, prompts and primary colors all work together.
Depending on the composition you choose, you might approach writing prompts differently.
Compositions can be divided into two types – minimalist and structured:
- Minimalist compositions give maximum room for transforming the end photo.
- Structured compositions impose a composition that you can creatively adjust.
See how this mechanic works in the example below.
The background in the minimalist composition (left) completely changes from photo to photo, while the structured composition (right) maintains the geometrical shapes of the original template.
Minimalist compositions offer more freedom for the AI to transform the final image. So consider using adjectives and descriptive phrases to guide the AI in generating the desired look. Describe the place and background to set the context for the composition. Then you can add details about lighting, color scheme, or ambiance.
Here are a few examples:
- "Peaceful beach at sunrise with soft, warm morning light illuminating the serene space."
- "Urban rooftop terrace at dusk, with cool, moody tones and an air of sophistication and elegance."
- "Lush garden in full bloom, featuring bright, vibrant colors and radiating energy and a lively atmosphere.
Prompts for structured compositions
Let's go back to this template to illustrate how you can change objects in structured compositions.
Pay attention to the foreground. The dried flowers and the circular base that you see can be transformed into any objects that have similar shape. This is when prompts and colors come to play.
Prompt: Crystal clear glass platform, delicate cherry blossoms on the sides, soft pastel hues, sakura petals floating in the air, dreamy spring atmosphere
Prompt: Terracotta circle platform with fragrant jasmine vines, Mediterranean courtyard background, warm terracotta tones, inviting, cozy charm
Notice that the images above are totally different when it comes to color themes, materials and textures. Yet the underlying structure remains the same — it is imposed by the selected composition.
How to write prompts in Custom mode
While the composition mode offers more consistent output, Custom mode can help when dealing with items that don't fit well within the available templates. This mode can handle even unconventional product categories and camera angles.
For example, Custom is perfect for automotive photos. Although, some compositions can be adjusted to match car photography with some creative tricks — Custom mode can be used with car photos or any other category right away.
👉 For more tips on how to use AI Photoshoot for car photography, check out this blog post.
In Custom mode, you can create more specific compositions. Just describe the place, nearby objects, and the background.
Here's the 3-step process to compose prompts in this structure:
- Start with the place for your product: table, platform, podium, plinth, cylinder, stone, plate, rock, hill, surface, box, etc. You can also describe the place by adding adjectives or features: circular, marble, granite, mossy, metallic, rough, shiny, iridescent, birchwood, bamboo, etc.
- Add desired neighboring objects in the foreground: surrounded by flowers, books, autumn leaves, silky fabric, rocks, foliage, decorations, balloons, crystals, splashes of water, etc.
- Describe the background: cloudy sky, blooming garden, sunset beach, snowy mountains, fruit orchard, desert dunes, jungle plants, etc.
Check out a few examples that follow this structure.
Notice how prompts start with a composition description right away. In AI Photoshoot, you don't describe a product itself, because the system takes the image of the product you upload. Instead, it's best to start describing what surrounds the product right from the first word.
Tip: Experiment with adding some of the following phrases to your prompts — they tend to make results better: "bokeh", "shallow depth of field", "shot on Canon", "award winning photography", "unreal engine", "octane render".
Unlock AI Photoshoot's potential in just a few steps
Discover the capabilities of AI Photoshoot by following a few simple steps.
Begin by visiting Claid.ai and signing up for a free account. Once registered, you'll get free credits to try out our cutting-edge generative AI with your own product images. On top of that, you will also get access to Claid's image editing features. Unlock the full potential of AI Photoshoot today!
June 12, 2023